Monday, April 16, 2007

Day 47, April 16, 2007


This week's theme is "Self Portrait: What makes you "YOU"?"


From the moment I was born...the decision my birth mom made to relinquish me to be adopted is something that has always defined WHO I am...where I came from...what makes me...ME.

Ironically...today is also my birth mom's birthday!

I searched and found all my birth relatives when I was 23 years old.
I was ten days old when I was adopted.

This photo is of my "adoption papers"...I can't even tell you how many times I have read these papers over and over in my lifetime. It was my only link to "who" I was and where I came from for my entire childhood and teen years.

5 comments:

Maggie said...

Wow Sher....my bmoms birthday is this month too!! Weird.

Heather said...

Neat Sher! Thank you for sharing!

Jess said...

Thank you for sharing...I think it's neat that you at least had a description of your birth mother all those years while you waited to find her.

jessstephkylesmom said...

Wow that was interesting, I didn't realize some adoptees have that much information on their bio parents. Thanks for sharing!

~M said...

Thanks for sharing Sher! This pic is very powerful!